Monday, July 13, 2015


My multitalented host mother, is not only the director of the community center I am working at but also an Aerobics teacher at the nearby community sports center. On Wednesday I got to find out what that entailed. Women came into the room in skirts and scarfs. They quickly removed them as the music was turned up and the spandex came out. I was suddenly in a Moroccan Jane Fonda video. It was a different but still decent workout overall. Wouldn’t not do it again. Pic below for proof. Not without covered clothing though…



Another night we went to the beach after Isha, the nightly prayer, around 10pm. Here we sat and ate snacks at café tables in the sand. Then, I went on a midnight horse ride!!



The teaching part of my day is definitely the most difficult. Although we have managed to split the classes up more evenly by level (ever so slightly). The only materials provided are a marker and white board. So, I've been trying to get creative with songs and games. Hopefully I'll be able to buy some resources in Rabat soon. (Still looking for suggestions)

The food at my homestay has been pretty amazing…pictures below. PS: she made the best calamari I have ever had. Large rings, lightly battered, deliciously salted/peppered. I am no calamari expert but I have been ordering it regularly since ’98, so I think I have some authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment