Saturday, August 8, 2015

Some news worth mentioning is that I switched placements out of Sale and into Rabat. The change has worked out great and will be way better for me in the long run! Now that I am in the city I can be more mobile and have a life outside of the work and being at home. I couldn't really walk around alone where I was before, nor could I easily get into Rabat. So, now I have a much more independent lifestyle here. The apartment is located in the Medina (old city) which is walled, mostly pedestrian, and very bustling.  

Here are some pictures from my last week at the old homestay: 

I helped cook this meal :)
Getting henna on the patio
Now I live off a street where snails are sold รก la carte, alongside knock-off Nike and Zara. There are also many stands of fruits, vegetables, and meats galore! Oh and pastries too. Moroccans know how to make some high quality desserts (thank you to the French for that one). 

1 comment:

  1. Love reading about your prismatic view on life in Morocco Erica. Stay well, be safe, & see you in Norge!

    ReplyDelete